Friday, January 27, 2017
Download or Listen = Get It Here.
1. "Scratch That Itch" - Elliot Shavers
2. "Chills and Fever" - The Poison Ivy League
3. "Down Down" - Os Baobasáá
4. "Pulsebeat" - Buddies
5. "Like Nobody Else" - Bee Gees
6. "Mindbender" - The Warlocks (Grateful Dead)
7. "Who Do You Think You're Fooling" - Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
8. "It'll Never Be Me" - Electric Banana (Pretty Things)
9. "Haunted House" - Other Side
10. "It's Witchcraft" - Blue Echoes
11. "Dimes Make Dollars" - Lilies
Saturday, November 26, 2016
We had some down-time in the bat-cave to whip up this tasty 11-song mix of some various stuff we've been diggin' on lately. DIGIT.
1. Dead-End Kids soundbite intro
2. Mikey Baker - "Steam Roller"
3. The Poison Ivy League - "It's Alright With Me"
4. Chants - "Hypnotized"
5. Spats -"Gott Tell Ya All About It Baby"
6. Nobody's Children - "Girl, I Need You"
7. Creations - "Better Watch Out"
8. G.L. Crockett - "It's A Man Down There"
9. Howlin' Wolf -"Commit A Crime"
10. Dr. John - "Mama Roux"
11. Gary U.S. Bonds - "I Wanna Holler"
12. Rudy Ray And Moore Fillmore Street Soul Rebellion - "Put Your Weight Into It (Pt.1)"
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Here ye Hear ye!
Spewing "Maximum Rock & Soul Mayhem", and flunking out of Richmond, Virginia -
The Poison Ivy League just released their virtually 'live in the studio' debut demo recordings!
Check out these 4 smokin' versions of :
- Question Mark and The Mysterians, "Dont Tease Me"
- Sugar Pie DeSanto's "In The Basement"
- Ray Charles/The Undertakers "Unchain My Heart"
- Don Gardner's "My Baby Likes To Boogaloo"
Check 'em all out at their BANDCAMP site here.
Monday, January 11, 2016
Saturday, November 7, 2015
Friday, October 9, 2015
Thursday, September 3, 2015
The High Spirits was a popular teen-beat surf and garage band from Minneapolis, Minnesota signed with Soma Records. The original line-up consisted of lead guitar and manager Owen Husney, drums Doug Ahrens, lead vocals Cliff Siegel, bass guitar Rick Beresford, rhythm guitar Rick Levinson, and Jay Luttio on keyboards. The band was among the Midwest groups that are credited with being the forefathers of the later punk rock scene. Owen Husney later went on to discover and manage the artist, Prince as well as eleven other gold and platinum artists! The group's first hit was a rave-up of Bobby "Blue" Bland's "(Turn on Your) Love Light," recorded in 1965. The record did well in the Twin Cities, and hit Number 1 in both Kansas City and Dallas during the fall of 1965. Their second release was "I Believe" recorded in 1966. In 2006, the band was inducted into the Minnesota Rock Country Hall of Fame. (Thanks Wiki!)
The song in our Nitro-Retro focus here is from a rare acetate from 1966. "It's Alright With Me" is one of the best reworkings of a Zombies tune I've heard—Just brilliant. Featured on "Back From The Grave Vol. 9" DIGIT! (click the 45 label below to hear the tune on YouTube)
Dig The Original Zombies tune on YouTube!